Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Breakdown of the Old Paradigm

After being off work for two weeks, my doctor gave me the thumbs up to return to duty. I had been wearing a boot for a few days so I hoped everything would be okay. Much to my chagrin, it was not. I may be a spirituality teacher, but I have to pay the bills. As of
now, I have a stand-on-your-feet-all-day sort of job. The boot may have made it possible for me to hobble along, and I did sit down as much as possible, but even so, my ankle and foot were not happy campers by any stretch of the imagination. It was clear I went back to work to soon. By the time I arrived home and was able to take off the boot, my toes were black and my foot had swelled up like a wet sponge, only not as pretty. A trip to the emergency room was in order. No gangrene. Thank goodness, but I am back in a splint and crutches—again. Round 2 ladies and gentlemen. 


Fear has creeped in about the money I am not earning while I am laid up. How am I going to pay bills? How am I going to eat? Etc. But even with that fear, I keep breathing. I keep meditating. I am still here. I know this is the time for me to keep the faith. The Universe is my provider and it will take care of me. As long as I believe that is true, then it is true. In the past, I have totally fallen apart when money isn’t coming in the way I think it should be, but this time it’s more like my ego and my Spirit are saying, “Well, there’s not much I can do about it, so let’s keep going.” ...and so I am. I even cooked for the first time while on crutches. Interesting, but I made it through.

In the interim, with the political situation in England, which of course is affecting stock markets around the world, it seems to me that all this “breakdown” that is going on the small scale with my body and on the larger scale on the global front, that it is a metaphor for the breakdown of the old paradigm. The old patriarchal way of doing things is trying desperately to hold onto what it knows—and that is power, but Mother Earth is trying to teach us about balance. We may be kicking and screaming along the way, but it’s going to happen, so why not relax and enjoy the ride. There may be some bumps along the way, but its making room for all the good stuff to show up. And that is certainly a good thing.

So, I have chosen to raise my glass and honor the possibilities that are out there. I look forward to living in a world where normal means expressing our intuitive selves, working in jobs that we are passionate about, loving one another, even when we don’t see eye to eye on things and where Mama Gaia only knows organic healing and organic energy sources. It’s all possible, we just have to make it happen. The first step is creating it in our minds. So, that’s what I am doing know. I am creating the world I wish to see, by being peaceful in my heart during this time of chaos.

...And so it is.

Thank you for reading and Namaste! (The Light in me recognizes the Light in you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment